Saturday 13 March 2010

Battlefoams Case has arrived!

Its taken a little over a month but finally my Battlefoams order has arrived. Complete with one large warjack tray, two 40mm troop trays and two 30mm troop trays. The extra dosh paid out for it compared to the GW cases I have been using is well worth it, to transport my Borka list for example I required two GW cases (including one specifically cut for 40mm models and cavalry) and a tupperware box with egg foam I cut specifically to transport my Mauler Extreme.

I can fit my entire army in the battlefoams case with half a tray of 40mm bases spare and even better it accommodates my Mauler Extreme and Mulg in the extra large warjack pockets with ease, and the normal large warjack trays are perfect fits for the five man unit of long riders.

Also there is the added benefit of comfort, carrying two (frankly fairly heavy) hard plastic cases gets quite tiring on the arms and hands compared to a single bag that can be carried across the shoulder. The fact that it has sockets aplenty too for dice, templates, tokens, tape measure, etc is just gravy.

The case is currently carrying the following:
pMadrak
eMadrak
Grissel
Calandra
Mulg the Ancient
Earthborn Dire Troll
Dire Troll Mauler Extreme
Axer
Impaler
Bouncer
Pyre Troll
Slag Troll
Winter Troll
10 Kriel Warriors + Piper and Standard + 1 Caber Thrower
10 Fennblades
5 Champions
Krielstone Bearer and 5 Scribes + Stone Scribe Elder
3 Runeshapers
5 Long Riders
6 Pyg Burrowers
Horthol
Stone Scribe Chronicler
Fell Caller
Hero
Totem Hunter
Swamp Gobbers
Victor Pendrake

And I still have half a 40mm tray free! The battlefoams case was expensive, but it gets my official seal of approval.

1 comment:

  1. How did you order your Battlefoam layout? Is it the standard loadout that it comes with, or did you swap out for different size foam trays? I am curious if you are using all medium base trays, etc. I am looking to order one but I need to know a good loadout for the Kriels.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete