Thursday 10 June 2010

UK Masters Overview

A thoroughly enjoyable weekend, and one which I felt I learned a lot from. Seeing so many different lists and playing against strategies and casters I have never seen before have definitely helped me for when I return to the masters next year. My Borka list once again enjoyed 100% success while Grissel only managed one win out of three.

Grissel was originally brought to give me a denial option to help counter enemy chargers, but only really got to do that in the 5th game. It still left me lacking in hitting power, and I think that is the route I will go next time for the alternative to my Borka list. Anything with an ARM of 20 or higher is just a no go for my Borka list unless Borka himself or the Mauler steps in to deal with it, and then I am running the risk of potentially losing Borka or his source of fury.

I am currently leaning towards an eMadrak list, with Mulg, Axer, Impaler, Long Riders, Horthol and Fennblades for a reach list bonanza. LOTS of hitting power, accuracy and thanks to eMadrak the entire list has pathfinder when charging. He is also a nightmare to assassinate the way that Grissel was in the 4th round game, helping him to survive against similar alpha strike lists himself.

In any case I have a bit of a break between tournament events until roughly September, as I cannot afford to go to the European Team Championships in July or Cardiff Carnage in August (clashes with my best friend's birthday do). By that time the Trollbloods book will also be not far away at all, so with it will come new options and the very very cool looking Captain Gunnbjorn, who may provide a different playstyle for the Trollbloods. Am looking forward to the release of Forces of Hordes: Trollbloods very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment