Monday 6 July 2009

Another Trollblood Blog? Hmmm...

Greetings all and welcome to my Trollbloods blog, home of my random hordes and warmachine musings, battle reports and the ongoing development of my Trollblood forces. I might as well kick this off with a list of what I own, and some thoughts about an upcoming tournament on 25th July that I am preparing and playtesting heavily for:

Thanks to some recent purchases, I am now the owner of:

Madrak Ironhide
Grissel Bloodsong
Calandra Truthsayer (already advance ordered and prepaid for)

Mauler Extreme
Earthborn Dire Troll
Axer
Impaler
Slag Troll
Winter Troll
Bouncer
Pyre Troll

10 Kriel Warriors, plus Standard, Piper and Caber
Krielstone Bearer and 3 Stone Scribes, plus Stone Scribe Elder
4 Long Riders
5 Champions
6 Pyg Burrowers

Fell Caller
Hero
Stone Scribe Chronicler
Viktor Pendrake

Last year with my Cygnar I came in second place at this same tournament, but the format this year has changed quite a bit and I have since decided to abandon my blues to the display shelf and focus on the Trollbloods. This year the tournament will be played over only three rounds, one each at 550, 750 and 950 points. You are allowed to have an alternate list at the 550 and 750 point brackets, but only one list at 950. A total wipeout of the enemy's forces awards you a bonus 10VPs, so focusing more on army destruction than an early assassination is key for scoring highly in the tournament.

My plan over the coming weeks is to post regular updates on battle reports with my Trollbloods as I test out armies at different points brackets to find the ones that seem to work the best for me.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see some regular visitors.

1 comment:

  1. You should join the Iron Agenda Blogging network. A bunch of us Warmachine Bloggers are part of it!

    http://blog.ironagenda.com/

    Also, I am really interested in starting a hordes army, and Trollbloods are what I am thinking of, so I am going to watch this blog pretty heavily! :D

    ReplyDelete